Thursday, January 25, 2007

WTF???

where the hell did my recent posts on philly and NYC go?

damn technology i tell u. *snicker*

anyways i've got exactly 2 more days left in the US.. i dunno which is more saddening; the fact tht im leaving the US or the fact tht my clinicals is starting in less then 2 weeks.

im officially terrified abt the amount of change i will be forced to deal with come next month, but then again, change is the only thing tht seems to be constant in my life. come next month, there will be no more uni life, no more deepa, no more farrer, basically no more of anythin tht was in my life for the past 2 years. ok, i thk im rambling, but u get my point.

but change can be exciting too. or at least thts wat an old fren was tellin me today to make me feel better abt myself. i guess, at the same time i do have a lot to look fwd to. im moving into a new house, and going to be living wit wat i believe to be an interestin dynamics of people (for those of u who know ishan, sandra, corey and me will understand). thankfully none of them are doin med, so thts one pressure of my shoulder.

at least i have a new focus in my life to divert my attention from all the change tht is soon to come: planning my world trip in dec 07/jan 08. i've been lookin up online and came across a few good deals... STA travel has a deal tht goes like this:

melb-->tahiti-->LA (then i have to find my way to NYC) NYC--> london-->bangkok-->melb
the whole cost includin tax will be between $2000-$2500. not too bad, eh?

another travel agent has similar deals..more options and slightly cheaper.

ideally this is wat i had in mind:
we finish our OSCEs on the 23rd, so travel anytime after tht is fine, jus as long as i am in NYC in the last 2 weeks of dec and i am in bangkok for the last week of january (so i have time to go down to msia and visit my family) and for some reason im not really tht interested in tahiti, i would actually rather go to fiji. also, since i've been to LA already i would rather go straight from fiji to NYC(but then again maybe i could go to san diego from LA??). and instead of having jus one stop in europe (ie london) mayb i could have another stop in kiev so i could see vila? but then again, time is a huge restriction,not to mention money, and i dont want my holiday in europe to be rushed, i would like to take my time to soak up local culture and enjoy it. one thing is for sure, london and paris is a must. i've always dreamt of going to prague, but lookin at the geography, it might be a bit of an issue.

so basically this is what my ideal trip would be:

melb-->fiji-->NYC/philly-->london-->bangkok-->melbourne.

now, i just need to come up wit the money, but with the increase of my allowance this year, things are definitely lookin good. plus, i've made it known to my family members tht i am takin donations for the "send nandini to europe and america" fund and looks like i already have my sis on my side. we were lookin online for travel back packs to buy, one which i could also use to travel around europe. runnin out of time really so if i dont get one in the US i'l jus get one back in melbourne. im even contemplating finding a job this yr, we'll have to see how tht works out.

my god, i cant remember when was the last time i was this determined to achieve somethin.

its 12.50 am now and i really should be goin to sleep. *yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home